Saturday, June 23, 2007

"IF YOU LOVE ME KEEP MY COMMANDMENTS"



On Obedience in Following Jesus' Teachings


 
 
 
  Matthew 7:24-27    "Therefore whoever hears these sayings of
Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built
his house on the rock: {25} "and the rain descended, the floods
came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not
fall, for it was founded on the rock. {26} "But everyone who
hears these sayings of Mine, and does not do them, will be like
a foolish man who built his house on the sand: {27} "and the
rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on
that house; and it fell. And great was its fall."

Matthew 12:50 For whosoever shall do the will of my Father
which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and
mother.


Matthew 28:19-20 "Go therefore and make disciples of all the
nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the
Son and of the Holy Spirit, {20} "teaching them to observe all
things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always,
even to the end of the age." Amen.


Luke 6:46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the
things which I say?


Luke 11:28 But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that
hear the word of God, and keep it.


John 8:31-32 "If you abide in my word, you are my disciples
indeed. (32) "And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall
make you free."


John 8:51 "Most assuredly, I say to you, if anyone keeps My
word he shall never see death."


John 10:27-28 "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and
they follow Me. {28} "And I give them eternal life, and they
shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My
hand.


John 10:3-5 "To him the doorkeeper opens, and the sheep hear
his voice; and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them
out. {4} "And when he brings out his own sheep, he goes before
them; and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice. {5}
"Yet they will by no means follow a stranger, but will flee
from him, for they do not know the voice of strangers."


John 12:25-26 "He who loves his life will lose it, and he
who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life.
{26} "If anyone serves Me, let him follow Me; and where I am,
there My servant will be also. If anyone serves Me, him My
Father will honor.


John 14:15 "If you love Me, keep My commandments.


John 14:20-21 "At that day you will know that I am in My
Father, and you in Me, and I in you. {21} "He who has My
commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who
loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and
manifest Myself to him."


John 14:23-24 Jesus answered and said to him, "If anyone
loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him,
and We will come to him and make Our home with him. {24} "He
who does not love Me does not keep My words; and the word which
you hear is not Mine but the Father's who sent Me.


John 15 "I am the true vine, and My Father is the
vinedresser. {2} "Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit
He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit He prunes,
that it may bear more fruit. {3} "You are already clean because
of the word which I have spoken to you. {4} "Abide in Me, and I
in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, unless it
abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in Me.
{5} "I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me,
and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do
nothing. {6} "If anyone does not abide in Me, he is cast out as
a branch and is withered; and they gather them and throw them
into the fire, and they are burned. {7} "If you abide in Me,
and My words abide in you, you will ask what you desire, and it
shall be done for you. {8} "By this My Father is glorified,
that you bear much fruit; so you will be My disciples. {9} "As
the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love.
{10} "If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love,
just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His
love. {11} "These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may
remain in you, and that your joy may be full. {12} "This is My
commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you.
{13} "Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's
life for his friends. {14} "You are My friends if you do
whatever I command you. {15} "No longer do I call you servants,
for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I
have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My
Father I have made known to you. {16} "You did not choose Me,
but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear
fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask
the Father in My name He may give you. {17} "These things I
command you, that you love one another. {18} "If the world
hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you. {19}
"If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet
because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the
world, therefore the world hates you. {20} "Remember the word
that I said to you, 'A servant is not greater than his master.'
If they persecuted Me, they will also persecute you. If they
kept My word, they will keep yours also. {21} "But all these
things they will do to you for My name's sake, because they do
not know Him who sent Me. {22} "If I had not come and spoken to
them, they would have no sin, but now they have no excuse for
their sin. {23} "He who hates Me hates My Father also. {24} "If
I had not done among them the works which no one else did, they
would have no sin; but now they have seen and also hated both
Me and My Father. {25} "But this happened that the word might
be fulfilled which is written in their law, 'They hated Me
without a cause.' {26} "But when the Helper comes, whom I shall
send to you from the Father, the Spirit of truth who proceeds
from the Father, He will testify of Me. {27} "And you also will
bear witness, because you have been with Me from the beginning.



Ephesians 2:10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ
Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we
should walk in them.

James 1:22-27 But be doers of the word, and not hearers
only, deceiving yourselves. {23} For if anyone is a hearer of
the word and not a doer, he is like a man observing his natural
face in a mirror; {24} for he observes himself, goes away, and
immediately forgets what kind of man he was. {25} But he who
looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues in it, and
is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this one will
be blessed in what he does. {26} If anyone among you thinks he
is religious, and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his
own heart, this one's religion is useless. {27} Pure and
undefiled religion before God and the Father is this: to visit
orphans and widows in their trouble, and to keep oneself
unspotted from the world.

James 2:14-26 What does it profit, my brethren, if someone
says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him?
{15} If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily
food, {16} and one of you says to them, "Depart in peace, be
warmed and filled," but you do not give them the things which
are needed for the body, what does it profit? {17} Thus also
faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead. {18} But
someone will say, "You have faith, and I have works." Show me
your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by
my works. {19} You believe that there is one God. You do well.
Even the demons believe; and tremble! {20} But do you want to
know, O foolish man, that faith without works is dead? {21} Was
not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered Isaac
his son on the altar? {22} Do you see that faith was working
together with his works, and by works faith was made perfect?
{23} And the Scripture was fulfilled which says, "Abraham
believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness."
And he was called the friend of God. {24} You see then that a
man is justified by works, and not by faith only. {25}
Likewise, was not Rahab the harlot also justified by works when
she received the messengers and sent them out another way? {26}
For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without
works is dead also.

1 John 1:5-10 This is the message which we have heard from
Him and declare to you, that God is light and in Him is no
darkness at all. {6} If we say that we have fellowship with
Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the
truth. {7} But if we walk in the light as He is in the light,
we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus
Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin. {8} If we say that we
have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
{9} If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive
us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. {10} If
we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His
word is not in us.

1 John 2:3-6 Now by this we know that we know Him, if we
keep His commandments. {4} He who says, "I know Him," and does
not keep His commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in
him. {5} But whoever keeps His word, truly the love of God is
perfected in him. By this we know that we are in Him. {6} He
who says he abides in Him ought himself also to walk just as He
walked.

1 John 2:17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof:
but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

1 John 3:22-23 And whatever we ask we receive from Him,
because we keep His commandments and do those things that are
pleasing in His sight. {23} And this is His commandment: that
we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love
one another, as He gave us commandment. {24} And he who keeps
his commandments abides in Him, and He in him. And by this we
know that he abides in us, by the Spirit whom He has given us.

1 John 5:2 By this we know that we love the children of God,
when we love God, and keep his commandments. {3} For this is
the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his
commandments are not grievous.

2 John 1:6 And this is love, that we walk after his
commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard
from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

2 John 1:9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the
doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the
doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

Revelation 12:17 And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and
went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the
commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Revelation 22:14 Blessed are they that do his commandments,
that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in
through the gates into the city.


No comments: