Sunday, March 16, 2008

SHOULD BLUE LAWS BE REPEALED?

Should the blue laws be repealed? Probably, but ... 03/14/2008

james lileks columnist

Here's an excerpt from this article:

As much as I enjoy Sunday trips to Target with the other 6 million Minnesotans, I'd trade them all for another chance to watch Grandpa doze in the late afternoon light, knowing that I wasn't missing anything in the world because nothing was happening. Nothing ever happened on Sundays. That would drive me nuts when I got older, and grew impatient for the chance to drive around parking lots with pals and complain about the vast inadequacies of life.

Now that I am older still, a day in which nothing happens seems like a wonderful idea. As long as it's not Saturday.

jlileks@startribune.com • 612-673-7858

Source: http://www.startribune.com/local/16662191.html

No comments: