Sunday, August 30, 2009

Ted Kennedy’s letter to Pope Benedict XVI, and the papal reply


Ted Kennedy’s letter to Pope Benedict XVI, and the papal reply
Sunday, August 30, 2009

Excerpts of a letter sent by Sen. Edward M. Kennedy to Pope Benedict XVI in July:

“Most Holy Father, I hope this letter finds you in good health, I pray that you have all of God’s blessings as you lead our church and inspire our world during these challenging times.

“I am writing with deep humility to ask that you pray for me as my own health declines. I was diagnosed with brain cancer more than a year ago, and, although I continue treatment, the disease is taking its toll on me. I am 77 years old and preparing for the next passage of life. . . .

“I want you to know, Your Holiness, that in my nearly 50 years of elective office, I have done my best to champion the rights of the poor and open doors of economic opportunity. I’ve worked to welcome the immigrant, fight discrimination and expand access to healthcare and education. I have opposed the death penalty and fought to end war. Those are the issues that have motivated me and have been the focus of my work as a Unites States Senator. . . .

“I’ve always tried to be a faithful Catholic, Your Holiness, and though I have fallen short through human failings, I have never failed to believe and respect the fundamental teaching of my faith. I continue to pray for God’s blessing, on you, and on our church, and would be most thankful for your prayers for me.”

Portion of the response from Pope Benedict XVI two weeks later:

“His Holiness prays that in the days ahead, you may be sustained in faith and hope, and granted the precious grace of joyful surrender to the will of God, our merciful Father. He invokes upon you the consolation and peace promised by the Risen Savior to all who share in His sufferings, and trust in His promise of eternal life.”





8877


Where's all this subliminal (Catholic proselytising) propaganda coming from?

Newpaper Headlines about letters to the pope, and TV coverage of one Mass, after another?

Letters of mea culpa confessions to his holi-ness?
Is this news in the USA? Or, in Mejico?

Yeah, we knew Jack Kennedy; And Ted was no JFK. Are these the same Kennedys? Is this the same country?

JFK kept his religion (RC) to himself, and didn't make a big production of it like what we see here. And, a military funeral service with all these Roman Catholic overtones?

Separation of Church and State has been suspended until further notice?

This whole event has been transformed into one big Roman Catholic spectacle.

Catholic indoctrination is taking a turn for the worse, something never seen before in the history of the United States.

I don't remember John's or Bobby's (46 and 41 years ago) funeral services have so much Catholic ritual? It's like we're in Italy or Spain all of the sudden!
Salve Regina! Ave Maria!

I thought we had no kings or popes in our republic.
Things have really changed; Get ready for more changes!

Arsenio. (Jesus is the only intercessor between man and God)