Sunday, September 13, 2009

There is life after Analog Television



Yes, there is life after DTV!

More than 3 Months have passed since the FCC mandatory switch of television broadcast signals from analog to digital; Yet, I've been able to survive.
As I had decided before the February deadline, I would not subscribe to cable or satellite. So, when the new deadline of June 12, 2009, arrived I was ready for the change.
I did get a digital converter box which didn't work; It turns out, that the digital signal is weaker than the analog was, and since I live in a suburban area it's even harder to get reception; Therefore, I just accepted the fact that I wasn't going to get the digital 'Boob Tube' signal.

Life goes by just fine without CBS, NBC, and ABC. Now, I get my news from the Internet, and from radio; Though, radio signals are also weak in my vicinity, and the variety is small. Still, I have discovered that there is life beyond the set. So, I can assure you with confidence that Television is just a luxury we can live without; My mind is not controlled by HBO or ESPN. And, I thank God for that!

Arsenio.
.