Sunday, December 30, 2012

Off to Wonderland!



As I observe the proceedings on Capitol Hill (and on the media), I get an feeling of Deja Vu, as if  we are reliving Y2K all over again.    The same FEAR MONGERING that took place back in the fall of 1999.   Besides that, I also get an impression of children at play, magical thinking comes to mind.;  It's like Green Eggs and Ham time in Washington D.C.; a time of Horse play and Toomfoolery, etc... The childhood games of King of the Hill and Hide and Seek: "It's all your fault", "my Dad is tougher than your Dad" and "the sun was in my eyes', ring in my ear as I watch in amazement at another sham in the making in the halls of the Federal Government. 

Alice in Wonderland is a perfect analogy for a time such as this. 
So, in the spirit of child's play let's crawl down the Rabbit's Hole and submerge into Wonderland...

Walt Disney's "Alice in Worderalnd" (1951).

1951-

That was a time before Sputnik, before the Cuban Revolution, Patrice Lumumba, when the French pulled out of Indo-China, and the Eisenhower Administration - when Ike mentioned in his farewell speech The Military Congressional Industrial Complex...  so, here we go over the Fiscal Cliff and down the hole...


Speaking of FANtasy...

Off to Wondeland.....





Sometimes "I am not all there": Cheshire Cat.


  I'm late, I'm late...  
Arsenio.   .

No comments: