Parents are teaming up to file a lawsuit citing inept supervision after two boys at First Lutheran Church of Carson School reportedly received oral sex from a 5-year-old girl.
BY CHRISTINE ROBERTS / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 3, 2013, 6:19 PM
A California preschool is reportedly closing its doors amidst allegations of sexual activity among several of its students.
A California preschool is reportedly shutting down after disturbing allegations of sexual activity among several of its 4- and 5-year-old students emerged.
First Lutheran Church of Carson School is closing midsemester amid reports that two boys received oral sex from a 5-year-old girl on school grounds, according to KABC-TV.
Attorney Greg Owen, who is representing some of the children's families, said the sexual acts took place at nap time, at a school playground and at an outside bathroom.
"It all boils down to a lack of supervision," Owen told ABC News. "There were times when teachers would let aides in the room for hours at a time to watch the kids. During nap time, the aides would be sleeping, and the children would have been molesting each other during this time."
RELATED: GIRL, 15, GANG-RAPED DURING CLASS: SUIT
Owen is representing several parents who are planning to file a lawsuit against the Carson, Calif., school, which has allegedly been cited by the California Department of Social Services for "at least one sexual incident that involved young students."
School officials told KABC that its decision to close comes after the school director resigned due to personal reasons and has nothing to do with the allegations.
Parent Richard McCarthy says that's far from the truth.
He said his son received oral sex from the young girl on multiple occasions.
RELATED: N.J. TEACHER BUSTED FOR HAVING SEX WITH 16-YEAR-OLD STUDENT
Richard McCarthy says his son received oral sex from a 5-year-old girl multiple times.
"He told me about all the bad things that girl had been doing to him," McCarthy told the local station. "It went down in the classroom, it went down in the bathroom and it went down out on the playground."
At least one other boy allegedly received oral sex from the same girl.
"Their lives will be ruined in many ways," Owen told ABC News of the children. "And we know there are many more (victims)."
Parents, meanwhile, are struggling to find new schools for their kids.
RELATED: GEORGIA TEACHER ARRESTED FOR SEX WITH STUDENTS
"There's no way I can just take him to another school and be that parent that just lets a predator loose," McCarthy said of his son. "How else do you explain it?"
McCarthy said he spoke to three other parents who are worried about sending their kids elsewhere.
"Parents are saying, ‘My child is now a predator. Now how can I let him go to another school?’" he explained.
"There were many children lying there, and they watched these acts. In our business and in psychological terms, that's sexualizing a child at a young age."
On a mobile device? Watch video here.