Saturday, March 30, 2013

Adventists and the Catholic Church: What is Possible?


SATURDAY, MARCH 23, 2013


Submitted By: Hugo Mendez


In recent days, I was invited by Matthew Lucio, a friend, blogger, and pastor in the Kentucky-Tennessee Conference of Seventh-day Adventists, to discuss how Adventists approach the Papacy today, and what might yet be possible even within a commitment to the historic Adventist prophetic interpretation. The conversation was spurred on some level by my recent Spectrum article. In this interview, I've tried to answer his question from a perspective sensitive to that of Adventism. I've reproduced it below from his blog, which I urge you to visit often!


On the bus with a future Pope.


ML: The title of a recent article you wrote, “Is the Pope Good for Christianity?”, leads Adventists to consider whether something that is good for Christianity can be good for them. Though we claim to be Christians, many Adventists are all the same suspicious of their fellow Christians. So I’d like to ask you whether you think it’s possible for this pope (or any pope) to be good for Adventists, specifically
.



.

No comments: