Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Jesus condemned the cities for unbelief


20Then began he to upbraid the cities wherein most of his mighty works were done, because they repented not:


21Woe unto thee, Chorazin! woe unto thee, Bethsaida! for if the mighty works, which were done in you, had been done in Tyre and Sidon, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes.


22But I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon at the day of judgment, than for you.


23And thou, Capernaum, which art exalted unto heaven, shalt be brought down to hell: for if the mighty works, which have been done in thee, had been done in Sodom, it would have remained until this day.


24But I say unto you, That it shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom in the day of judgment, than for thee.


25At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.


26Even so, Father: for so it seemed good in thy sight.


27All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.


28Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.


29Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.


30For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
Matthew 11: 20-30.