Monday, April 25, 2016

A Conversation with a Flat-Earther





The Flat Earth model of the world.

Brother J, do you believe the earth is flat? Some of my friends do. What is your view on it?

Yes I think it’s flat

May I ask why you think so?

Mathematically, scientifically, conspiratorially, and biblically. You can pick any one lol

I was raised in the Midwest USA. Please explain why I cannot see the Rocky Mountains with a telescope from a harvested cornfield in the fall.

Because there is still height and depth to the earth.

Yes, there is indeed height and depth. The Rocky Mountains are higher than northern Illinois where I was raised. Why do I not see anything higher than a mole hill from a harvested cornfield? I saw mountains to both east and west from Sacramento California when I was stationed there while serving in the USAF.

YouTube the Bedford level experiment

Giving me a YouTube is not a valid answer IMO. Unless you can explain to me in your own words the answer to my question, it means to me you are not really sure. We are not talking rocket science. We are talking about science an amateur with an elementary school education can validate.

Actually it’s best explained by a demonstration but fair enough. It’s the fact that you can’t look beyond your vantage point. You can’t keep scrolling through a telescope to nothing.

Vantage point means the horizon, correct?

Yep

If the earth is flat, the distance to the horizon would be infinity, correct?

Where do u get that idea

Logic

So your saying because your not high enough to see the other side your vantage point is infinite? Dude it’s like that on a ball also lol

Yep, that’s correct.

Okay. So when you go up in space, you can see distant galaxies from your vantage point

You don’t need to go up in space to see distant galaxies. You can see them from earth.

Oh? Your positive that’s what you see
Have you read the book of Enoch
Actually Deuteronomy
Your looking at the host of heaven

Right about Deuteronomy.

Do you know how many Jesuits proposed the earth was a ball?

I reject the book of Enoch as God’s Word. And just because Jesuits said the earth is a ball doesn’t make it false. Is EVERYTHING Satan says a lie? Read the first couple chapters of the book of Job. He does say truth from time to time.

Where’s the curvature of the earth
Even yet, where is the scripture that points to the earth being a ball or spinning
So why does the Bible say 3 times the earth doest move? Why did Joshua command the sun to stop spinning and not the earth?


Genesis 1:1-5 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

The way I see it is God, “in the beginning” not only created matter and light on the first day, He created time as well. Is 24 hours dependent on the existence of the sun to be 24 hours? Or is 24 hours dependent on one rotation of the earth? According to my understanding of time and physics, the latter is true. Therefore even without a sun there were 24 hour days because of the rotation of the earth!

Genesis 1:4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

Suddenly verse 4 makes more sense to me than ever! If the sun didn’t exist till day 4, how could God divide the light from the darkness? Answer: God Himself was the light source over a rotating earth!

God can override His Laws of physics when He wants to.

That makes no sense. He created light. It says nothing about rotating. Your adding to what it says.
What is one day?
God was the light source. Not a rotating earth.
24 hours
Day is light dude. Jesus says it’s 12 hours
Night is night.
Answer why did Joshua command the sun to stop moving?




Twenty four hours is one rotation of the earth, PERIOD!!!

Lol what was it rotating around then?
God?

Movement is relative

Lol!
The earth is set on pillars! It doesn’t move!
All scripture is for doctrine
Man cannot move it for sure
And it doesn’t move!
Show me the pillars
Fear before him, all the earth: the world also shall be stable, that it be not moved.

1 Chronicles 16:30
Say among the heathen that the Lord reigneth: the world also shall be established that it shall not be moved: he shall judge the people righteously.

Psalm 96:10
He raiseth up the poor out of the dust, and lifteth up the beggar from the dunghill, to set them among princes, and to make them inherit the throne of glory: for the pillars of the earth are the Lord ‘s, and he hath set the world upon them.

1 Samuel 2:8

Better check the Hebrew on that one. Cause it’s the same word for the pillars samsom tore down
which shaketh the earth out of her place, and the pillars thereof tremble;

Job 9:6
The earth and all the inhabitants thereof are dissolved: I bear up the pillars of it.Selah.

Psalm 75:3
Scripture says clearly the earth doesnt move, is set on pillars, has foundations, has ends (28 times) and you get a ball out of that?
Take heed that no man decieve you. You don’t think it’s strange every “astronaut” was a free Mason? NASA is the fruit of operation paperclip? Heliocentricity is a Jesuit doctrine? Come on man wake up. You can’t see any curvature of the earth anywhere! People claim they can from a plane then you show weather balloons that read 127,000 ft and they say well the earth is too big?

Do use use GPS navigation? Better not or that would make you hypocritical. GPS cannot work without satellites. A satellite has to keep moving to stay in space. If you say there is no space, no satellites and no gravity, I would say there is no sanity in your mind. It’s extreme denial to say I am not giving you physics that an elementary school kid can understand and it’s extreme hypocrisy to deny science and yet use technology which science produced to preach lies about flat earth!!!!! It’s a lie probably from NASA to divide the Truth Movement. Yes, I do believe NASA lied about the moon walk. No, I do not believe they lie about satellites. The moon is a satellite!

GPs cannot work? Right. Have you ever considered how your position can be triangulated by cell towers? Radio towers? I’m not going any further until you address the scriptures presented.

Does GPS work over the ocean far from those towers? It does.
Does the Bible use figurative language? Plenty. Sun moon and stars falling is a collapse of governments. There is NO Bible teacher I respect that teaches flat earth. That is your private interpretation. My Bible tells me private interpretations are a no no.

My scientist friend who is a born again Christian who believes a literal 6 days of Creation and exposes Big Bang and Evolution as pseudo science says that GPS works anywhere. He says
Yes. It works over oceans anywhere.

What about satellite phones where there are no Cell towers? They work in deserts.

Besides Cell tower information only can determine which Cell you are in. It can’t work for navigation on roads as it is too unprecise.

actually the bible classifies the stars as angels. Just because the bible uses SOME figurative language doesnt mean you can pick and choose what dictates as a figurative language. So what is the figurative language of “ends of the earth” 28 times? Pillars? not moving? encased in a firmament that means VAULT. I hope you realize in doing so, your giving me your interpretation of what the bible means.”scientist” really? do you pay any attention to what scrince is trying to tell us? LOL they claim they are “tackling god” dude, your awake to the jesuits. look it up. its not a conspiracy, its right there. i never said GPS doesnt work, i said prove their are satellites. I really don’t care who says what. I care what is found under solid research and questioning.

Thank you for sharing your opinions, brother, but I need some facts before I can believe the earth is flat. I want to know why I can’t see land of the State of Michigan from Chicago from Lake Shore Drive looking at Lake Michigan. I can see only a water horizon. I want to know why I can see both the East and West Shore of Lake Michigan from an airplane. I want to know why I cannot see the Chicago skyline from where I was raised in the Chicago city limits 20 miles away. I want to know why I cannot see the tallest mountain, Mt. Fuji from my home or anywhere else in Japan unless I get to a location not much further than 60 miles of it. I want to know how GPS works though you say it doesn’t use satellites and satellites don’t exist even though they can be seen in a night sky. I want to know why water going down a drain in the Southern Hemisphere spins counter clockwise. I want to know why flying over Alaska is the shortest way from Chicago to Tokyo. I want to know why the higher I go in an airplane the further away the horizon is. Give me facts brother, not theories, opinions or specious arguments.

(Chat Conversation End)

I knew the answer to all my questions above. Only a spherical model of the earth can possibly be the correct answer. So far not a single person who believes the earth is flat has changed his mind. I used the masculine pronoun hisbecause so far I only know of one lady who has swallowed the flat-earth fallacy. Why is it that mostly men have fallen for flat-earth nonsense?



.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Water always finds its level. You can't "curve" water lol.
Water doesn't stick to a spinning ball lol. Soak a tennis ball in water and spin it... Water flies off, doesn't stick on lol.
There is no curvature.

There's a firmament above us. We are in an enclosed (dome), non-moving, plane (level).

Accelerometers, gyroscopes, lasers, advancements in optics, all easily prove that we live on stationary Earth.