Sunday, March 07, 2010

No man cometh unto the Father, "but by me"


The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world......... John 1:29.


Quite often I've heard stories about Mary, Jesus' earthly mother being an intercessor for mankind. There can be nothing farther from the truth. The only one capable of interceding for humanity is Jesus who died a terrible death almost 2,000 years ago. No one can share His sacrifice or His glory; Except the Father, since He and the Son are one.

Jesus clearly warned His followers that there would come deceivers and impostors:


And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you. For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many.

Matthew 24: 4,5.


Mary is not a co-redeemer, or mediatrix as they call her; Neither is she alive to intercede with the Father. No, the mother of Jesus is in the grave awaiting the triumphant return of the King of Kings for the resurrection; When she along with all the dead in Christ will be revived.

Here are a few Bible verses that will uphold the belief that Jesus is the Lamb of God which died for the sins of man. In them you will find the words of Jesus which manifest His unique atonement for sin; Nowhere does it mention Mary having shared His sufferings or interceding for humanity. It's blasphemous, and an abomination to claim that Jesus wasn't the only one who died for you or me. No one can attribute to Mary qualities that she never claimed for herself.

If we believe the error that Mary is a co-redemptrix, or a mediatrix we make Jesus a liar.

43


I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.

Isaiah 42:8
.

For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.
1 Timothy 2:5,6.

The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand.

John 3:35

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

John 14:6



25Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.

26For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;

27And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.

28Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,

29And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.

30I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.


John 5:25-30.


44No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

45It is written in the prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Every man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, cometh unto me.

46Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father.

47Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life.

48I am that bread of life.


John 6:44-48.

16And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me.

17It is also written in your law, that the testimony of two men is true.

18I am one that bear witness of myself, and the Father that sent me beareth witness of me.

19Then said they unto him, Where is thy Father? Jesus answered, Ye neither know me, nor my Father: if ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also.

John 8:16-19.



25Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me.

26But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

27My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

28And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

29My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

30I and my Father are one.

John 10: 25-30.

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

John 14:6..


Arsenio.
.

No comments: