Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Are we killing the prophets today?


O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, which killest the prophets, and stonest them that are sent unto thee; how often would I have gathered thy children together, as a hen doth gather her brood under her wings, and ye would not! ........Luke 13:34.




During the Summer I noticed a new Thrift Store near home; I decided to visit the store to see what they offered. It was a Friday afternoon around 2:30 PM; Suddenly, I was told that the shop would close in a few minutes. So, I went to the owner and asked: "why are you closing so early"? He said: "We close at 3:00 PM on Fridays". Well, I looked at him, then I looked at the sign on the door and noticed that they were also closed on Saturdays, also. I then asked him if he kept the Sabbath; He said, yes. Immediately, I asked if perhaps he was an Adventist. He replied that he was. I then went to my car and brought back to the store some literature for the gentleman to read. When I returned he had gone to the rear of the building; So, I left him the literature with another lady who was at the front counter. I have since that day returned to the store a several times and have dropped off more literature.

Yesterday evening I ran some errands. It began to rain, and I ran to my car trying to get out of the rain; I then noticed that the Thrift Store was open; It was dark outside, it was about 5:30PM. I looked on my passenger side seat, and picked up a sermon CD by a Present Truth preaching Pastor; I proceeded to the store with the CD for the proprietor of the store. When I entered the store I saw the owner sitting at the counter (with his arms crossed), I greeted him and handed him the CD. We then spoke about Evangelism in the cities. I said that there were many people attempting to evangelize the cities, and not moving out of the cities. I asked him how long had it been since Ellen G. White had warned the Advent Remnant to move out of the cities? He answered that he didn't know why people believed that Mrs. White was a prophet; "She never said she was a prophet", he added; "If only Ms. White knew what people were doing with her writings now a days". He implied, why are they making such a fuss over her? I was shocked, but, not really surprised because many professed SDA's reject the prophet. In this they are a living reminder of the ones that slaughtered the prophets (for they would not heed their warnings).
.
When asked by Pilate what to do with Jesus they answered: "Crucify him, crucify him".
.
* Jesus spoke about the Jews (in Luke chapter 13) of his day who had killed the prophets, and were about to sacrifice the Son of God; The One who had sent the prophets to warn them to heed and repent.
.
Brethren, I believe that we are still killing the prophets today when we reject the Spirit of Prophecy; When we reject the Prophets who by rising early would write the Scriptures that we accept as Gospel Truth today; The living word of God. All these Prophets were shunned by their contemporaries; Many were dismembered as Isaiah was, yet, we have their testimonies (in the Holy Scriptures) to this day, their dedication to the message that God had entrusted them to deliver to His people.

Let us not imitate the killers of the prophets of the past by rejecting their counsels. Let's not reject the light that Isaiah, Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Daniel, the minor (Major) Prophets, John the Baptizer, The Reformers, and Ellen G. White have brought us. All these were lightly regarded when they lived. Can we afford to reject their testimonies and expect salvation?

As I heard the Thrift Store owner state that Sister White wasn't a Prophet, I thought about how to respond to such a statement. How could I answer a man who claimed to be a Seventh Day Adventist, when he rejected one of the original proponents of that faith? I answered him in a spontaneous manner; I don't know where these words came from? I said: "Now I know when your flaw comes from", and I walked out of the store.
I honestly believe that we are to separate ourselves (cease and desist) from those that blatantly reject the light that has brought us to where were are as Bible believing Christians expecting Jesus soon return and the fulfillment of all the prophecies. I will pray for that gentleman, but, I will not provide him any additional literature or media.
He has Moses and the Prophets! Let him believe them.



Arsenio.