Friday, November 20, 2009

The Jesuit Oath


The Jesuit Oath

"I____________, now in the presence of Almighty God, the Blessed Virgin Mary, the Blessed Michael the Archangle, the Blessed St. John the Baptist, the Holy Apostles, Peter and Paul, and all the Saints, sacred hosts of Heaven, and to you, my ghostly Pontification of Paul the Third, and continued to the present, do by the womb of the virgin, the matrix of God, and the rod of Jesus Christ, declare and swear that his holiness, the Pope, is Christ's Vise-regent, and is the true and only head of the Catholic or Universal Church throughout the earth; and that by the virtue of the keys of binding and loosing, given to his Holines by my Savior, Jesus Chris, he hath power to depose heretical kings, princes, and that they may be safely destroyed.

"I do further declare, that I will help and assist and advise all or any of his Holiness' agents in any place wherever I shall be, and do my utmost to extirpate the heretical Protestant or Liberal doctrines and to destroy all their pretended power, legal or otherwise.

"I do further promise and declare, that not withstanding I am dispensed with to assume any religion heretical, for the propagating of the Mother Church's intrest, to keep secret and privet all her agents' counsels, from time to time as they may instruct me, and not to divulge directly or indirectly, by word, writing, or circumstance whatever, but to execute all that shall be proposed given in charge or discovered unto me, by you, my ghostly father......

"I do further promise and declare, that I will have no opinion or will of my own, or any mental reservation whatever, even as a corpse or cadaver (perinde ac cadaver) but unhesitatingly obey each and every command that I may receive from my superiors in the Militia of the Pope and Jesus Christ.

"That I will go to any part of the world, whatsoever, without murmuring and will be submissive in all things whatsoever communicated to me......I do further promice and declare, that I will, when opportunity presents, make and wage relentless war, secretly or openly, against all heretics, Protestants and Liberals, as I am directed to do to extirpate and exterminate them from the face of the whole earth, and that I will spare neather sex, age nor condition, and that I will hang, waste, boil, flay, strangle and bury alive these infamous heretics; rip up the stomachs and wombs of their women and crush their infents' heads against the wall, in order to annihilate forever their execrable race.