Thursday, July 16, 2015

Why a Discount for Shopping on Saturday?

 
A recent Sales Receipt from a purchase at Dollar General
 
 
There are a couple of Discount Retail Outlets that are offering an additional $5 Discount if you make any purchases in their stores on Saturdays.  Dollar General and its competitor Family Dollar are both offering $5 for a purchase above a certain amount on Saturdays.  I discovered this peculiar fact when I bought at a Family Dollar, a few years ago; the sales clerk mentioned (as I gathered my bag of purchased items) that I'd get $5 off any purchases if I bought at this store the following Saturday.   I examined my sales receipt after making the purchase at Family Dollar, and I saw a Coupon for $5 Off on the slip. I quickly responded that I don't buy on Saturday, the 7th Day Sabbath of the Lord, the Creator. Since I shop around for the best value for the money, and sometimes look for items by their brand names, I eventually discovered that Dollar General was also offering $5 Off ($25 or more) for purchases on Saturday. 
 
I have thought about this $5 DEAL for a while and have realized that this is a subtle attempt of the enemies of God to persuade people to buy on the Lord's Sabbath.  Isn't it a coincidence that Dollar General and Family Dollar, both offer this same BARGAIN?
 
Why don't they offer $5 Off on purchases on SUN-day?
 
 
Arsenio. 


.

.

No comments: