Sunday, November 04, 2012

Pastor Myriam Salcedo-Gonzalez, Ed.D






I was born in Cuba to a couple of Seventh-day Adventist teachers. Seven years later my father became a pastor. I was his “little companion” and since then I felt the call from God to work for Him. I was the first female student who graduated from AntillianCollege in Puerto Rico with a Bachelors’ degree in Theology.

In 1976, I married a fellow worker, Luis A. Gonzalez, pastor and social worker. He currently works with a social work agency in West Covina called “Futuro Infantil Hispano.” We have two sons, Gaddiel, who is a financial analyst with Ryland Homes in Corona, CA, and Abdiel who currently sings with Los Angeles Master Chorale, Los Angeles Opera, Orange County Opera, Glendale City Seventh-day Adventist Church, and other ensembles.

When I graduated from college I went to work at the Rio Piedras SDA church as a Bible Worker. Since then I have worked in the following positions: Promoter of La Voz de la Esperanza and Evangelist in the East Puerto Rico Conference; high school and college teacher; career counselor in the Turabo University; vocational rehabilitation counselor in Riverside, CA; school principal in Puerto Rico and at Orangewood Academy, Garden Grove, CA, associate pastor in charge of nurture and evangelism, at the White Memorial church for six years, and since June 1, 2006, pastor of the All Nations Seventh-day Adventist church. On December 14, 2002, I was commissioned to the ministry by the leaders of Southern California Conference.

My passion is to share the good news of salvation by grace and to see people give their lives to Jesus. My joy is to be surrounded by church members who are fully committed to God, and eager to fulfill the Great Commission and to live practicing the Great Commandment.

.

No comments: