Friday, June 12, 2009

A Sign of the Times


Two days ago as I drove by a shopping center a sign caught my attention: It was a movie theater sign or a roadside billboard. I was shocked, yet, not amazed by the title of the movies that I saw from on that billboard from just a quick glance. I wanted to fully read the titles, so I made a turn at the following intersection and pulled into the shopping center parking lot for a closer view.

Here are the titles of the movies currently (then) playing that were on that sign:

  • Transformers are coming June 24


  • Night Museum 2


  • Terminator; Salvation


  • Drag Me To Hell


  • Hangover


  • Land Of The Lost


  • UP

Wow, how descriptive of the state of the world, and the spiritual condition of the majority of its people. I thank God, that He allowed me to see this sign and write down these words so that I could reflect upon their implications, and also to share it with my brethren.

Friends, brethren, we are truly living in the last days of civilization; Our world has completely immersed itself in sin and confusion; It's apparent in the type of entertainment that folks choose to spend their money and time 'enjoying'. It's no secret of the extent of the depravity since the titles are proof of what they represent. Drag Me To Hell? Hangover? Terminator, Salvation?

I see clearly that we are living in "The Land Of The Lost". Thank you, Lord Jesus for offering yourself on behalf of our sins, and giving us a plan of Salvation. We need not be in a drag, lost or hungover on the way to hell; or waste precious time looking for terminators and transformers in night museums (theaters); Instead, we can take your counsel and lay up treasures in Heaven. Thank you.

Arsenio.