Friday, July 22, 2022

Pelosi holds weekly (7/21/2022) news briefing

 

Listen @ approximately 7:50 Mins.

More than you ever want to know on the subject, but decades ago – in the 90’s, when I was the Ranking Member on Foreign Ops, the Catholic Church came to me and said, ‘Can you make an adjustment in the foreign assistance bill so that we can have more freely flowing funds for natural family planning?’ The Church was asking for that.

I went to my Republican colleagues. I said, ‘At long last, we're going to be able to vote together on family planning. This is what the priests have asked us – the Church has asked us just to make a technical change in the language so that their lawyers will approve the flow of the funds for natural family planning,’ which is allowed – was allowed in our foreign assistance. ‘You don't understand,’ they say to me, ‘we are against all family planning, domestic and internationally.’



No comments: