Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Pharisees and the signs of the times

1The Pharisees also with the Sadducees came, and tempting desired him that he would shew them a sign from heaven.

2He answered and said unto them, When it is evening, ye say, It will be fair weather: for the sky is red.

3And in the morning, It will be foul weather to day: for the sky is red and lowering. O ye hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky; but can ye not discern the signs of the times?

4A wicked and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given unto it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas. And he left them, and departed.


Matthew 16:1-4.



20And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:

21Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.


Luke 17:20-21.
.

2 comments:

Carole Massey-Reyner said...

I would absolutely love to know where you get the pictures on your site. If you have time, could you let me know at: reyners@comcast.net.

Thanks.
C. Reyner

Arsenio A. Lembert Jr. said...

Carole Massey Reyner,

Hi, Carole!

Well, I get the pictures from browsing on Google, and Yahoo Images; I have also used several images I've found on MSN images.
It cosumes quite a bit of time to find the illustrations that I've used.
Many of the pics have come from reading articles which relate to current events or historical facts.

Keep in mind that I just "borrow" these pics in the spirit of "fair use", since I don't sell anything or have ever solicited funds. I update the blogs out of love for my fellowman, with one aim in mind: To prepare a people to stand on the day of the Lord's return.

P.S. I've only encountered one person who claimed "his" picture; Then, after seeing the situation in which I posted his picture, he immediately gave me full permission to use his picture. I'm not a photographer; I just have a keen eye for spectacular visual arts. It would take me years to take all the pictures used in my blogs...

Arsenio,

Maranatha.