Friday, November 09, 2007

PATHWAY OF PAIN

Pathway of Pain

If my days were untroubled and my heart always light,
would I seek that fair land where there is no night?

If I never grew weary with the weigh of my load,
would I search for God's peace at the end of the road?

If I never knew sickness and never felt pain,
would I search for a hand to help and sustain?

If I walked without sorrow and lived without loss,
would my soul seek solace at the foot of the cross?

If all I desired was mine day by day,
would I kneel before God and earnestly pray?

If God sent no winter to freeze me with fear,
would I yearn for the warmth of spring every year?

I ask myself these and the answer is plain,
if my life were pleasure and I never knew pain-

I'd seek God less often and need Him much less,
for God is sought more often in times of distress.

And no one knows God or sees Him as plain-
as those who have met Him on the "Pathway of Pain."

Author Unknown

Source: http://www.angelfire.com/tx2/christianpoetry/pathwayofpain.html

No comments: